Thursday, February 22, 2007

Stars Interviewing Stars

Usually I would just watch and then forget about it.
However, a couple of the interviews were really very interesting.
Oprah's Oscar Special included Oscar winners interviewing each other, asking very personal questions.
Julia Roberts interviewed George Clooney


Nicole Kidman interviewed Russell Crowe


Sidney Poitier interviewed Jamie Foxx (Oprah loves these guys so she came in for a while).


Julia and George had their interview at George's House. there was a lot of laughter, cooking, teasing and distractions. George didn't answer one personal question. Not one. I din't get anything from the interview except the fact that George deflects a lot. He doesn't divulge any personal information. I am not talking about who he dates etc. I am talking about his thought or feelings on life. Not politics, not activism but LIFE. This interview was a little bit disappointing to me.

Nicole Kidman interviewed Russell Crowe and the first thing she said was, "For the next 20 minutes I would ask that yo answer all my questions and truthfully." He agreed.
However, he looked very uncomfortable. HE shifted in his chair, fidgeted, rubbed his hands and shook hi legs.
When he answered the questions though, he seemed sincere.
Nicole asked him:What was the most significant kiss you have ever had?
He answered : The one after I said I do
My thoughts: Best answer EVER! :)

Nicole: Does is matter to you how you are perceived?
Russell: There is nothing I can do about how I am perceived. I had a devil may care attitude when I was younger and I think I am reaping the consequences of that now.
My thoughts: I understand where he is coming from. No matter how careful you are to be good and kind to people and to do right, someone can lie about you or print untruths and it all comes crumbling down around you (to a certain degree though). There is nothing you can do about perception after that.
I do believe that in the face of that kind of adversity that one should continue to live in truth and morally, the way they always have.
Russell said its important that YOU know who YOU are within yourself, but some of his actions, I am sure he wishes he could erase.

I really liked that interview. Russell asked Nicole about her husband Kieth Urban. You could tell when she answered that there was sadness about the situation. She is supporting him through it now, but I am sure it is extremely hard for her.

Nicole then asked Russell: To you prefer to give love or receive love
Russell answered: Give love

Russell then asked Nicole the same question
Nicole: I think the most difficult thing is to allow yourself to feel as if you deserve or are worthy of love. I prefer within myself to give love.

My Thoughts: I totally agee with what she said. You feel that way sometimes but you have to train yourself to belive that you are worthy and keep your standards high.


The next interesting interview was Sidney Poitier and Jamie Foxx. Oprah loves those guys so she stopped in to listen to them talk.
Sidney told Jamie that he experienced extrme racism in Florida when he came to the United states from the Bahamas (Americans treated him as sub-human). His semi-literate parents did a good job he said, in teaching him that he was human with all the rights of everyone else.

My thoughts: Good parents would help in self reinforcements. I thank my momma for being strong and teaching me to stand up for me.

Sidney asked Jamie if he saw marriage in his future.
Jamie: If I get married, I want to lose it all.
He said he wanted the person to be with him for HIM not for what he had. He wanted to be able to lose himself to the extent that the trust was so great that he needn't worry if trouble came their way.

My thoughts: I like that he said that. That was the first time I saw him open up about this topic.


He seems to have a big crush on Oprah though (and vice versa).
This was a really good interview.
Oprah did a good job with this special :)

No comments: